Sunday, January 1, 2012

Review & "Resolutions"

I decided to put two blogs into one...a review of 2011 and "resolutions" for 2012 even though I don't really believe in resolutions.  I like to refer to them as goals but if I had used that I would have missed out on the alliteration aspect (I'm a teacher...what do you want from me?).

Highlights of 2011:
  • I graduated college with my BS in Psychology
  • I got floor tickets to see Josh Groban in concert for my birthday
  • My text message was one of three chosen to be answered during the concert
  • I got to have Josh Groban sing Happy Birthday to me, while having his arm around me, in front of thousands of people at the Verizon Center---easily the best birthday EVER!!
  • I successfully completed my first semester of student teaching
  • I was nominated for People Magazine's Most Awesome Star Encounter of 2011 with Josh
  • I finished my first semester of grad school with Straight A's

"Resolutions"
  • Start putting myself first a little more, even if that just means taking an hour after work to go to the gym. 
  • Be truly happy with my life and stop being envious of everyone else and the things they have that I don't. 
  • Have more self-confidence in myself and see what other people see when I look in the mirror.
  • Stop defining my happiness and self-worth by whether I'm single or in a relationship. I'm only 22 and it's ok to be single...I just need to start realizing this and being ok with that. 
Hope you all had a fantastic New Year & here is to making 2012 fabulous!

3 comments:

  1. You've had an exciting year! Here's to an even better 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous that you got to meet Josh Groban! He's so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That he is...even more so when he's like 3 inches from your face. I can still feel his scruff on my face..lol. Definitely the highlight of my year...scratch that, of my life! ;-)

      Delete