Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Just Haven't Met You Yet

So I meant to write this yesterday but as always life just got in the way.  As you all know yesterday was Valentine's Day, a day which I dread every single year.  This year I really tried to be good and not dwell on the fact that I am alone for another year and how jealous I was of all the couples celebrating...and I did better then I expected.

And then a song came on my iTunes and it reminded me of my "anthem" (Glee reference from tonight's episode...forgive me).  The song is "Haven't Met You Yet" by Michael Buble and it is amazing in every way imaginable.  As long as I can believe that he is out there somewhere and that one day (hopefully sooner rather than later) we fill find each other I will be okay.  For the first time in a long time I didn't spend the day completely miserable..maybe that's a sign of things to come.  They do say after all that you find love when you aren't trying to find it...so that's what I'm trying to do.

In honor of this life changing song I leave you with these lyrics....

I might have to wait, I'll never give up
I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck
Wherever you are, whenever it's right
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life

And I know that we can be so amazing
And, baby, your love is gonna change me
And now I can see every possibility

And somehow I know that it'll all turn out
You'll make me work, so we can work to work it out
And I promise you, kid, I give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet

No comments:

Post a Comment